Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mummy, I want you to be happy

This morning I when I walked into my room, Reda has finished bathing Alex and has put him in his playpen and combing his hair... then I saw that Alex was playing the tube of diaper cream. I know this must be that Reda is trying to distract him so that she can comb his hair. So I left the room and goes into Gaby's room cos he was calling out for me to get something in his room for him... can't remember what la...

When I walked passed my room while coming out of Gaby's, I saw that Alex is lying in his playpen. So I thought I just popped in to see what he was doing. To my surprise! I saw him trying to put the diaper cream into his mouth!!! And Reda is in the bathroom getting rid of the bath water in Alex's tub. I was quite mad when I saw this. Quickly took the tube of diaper cream away from Alex and then I told Reda sternly that she should never give Alex and tube or cream or bottle of lotion to play with when she is not watching over him. What happened if the cover fell off and the content goes into his mouth?! Told her that I can understand that when she is changing the baby, sometimes she needs something to distract him so that he wouldn't toss and turns... but that's becos she is watching over him. Even if she is leaving the baby for a few seconds, she should have taken those stuff away from him. How can I trust her totally to look after Alex if I have to be out of the house for a while???

While I was 'scolding' her, Gaby was beside us and he witnessed the whole situation. I think he sensed that I am quite upset. When we went back to the living room after that, he suddenly asked me "mummy, are you still unhappy?" "yes, a little... with kar kar... so you better not make me more unhappy ok?" And I was quite surprised that he said this "Mummy, I don't want u to be unhappy. Mummy, I love you..." I was so touched by this... so I went forward and he gave me a big bear hug.

My parents have been away in China for a month's tour... they have been away for 2 weeks. These past 2 weeks have been so peaceful at home... yes, there are many times that I wish they are around so that I can get out of the house to do MY stuff... but I do feel very peaceful in my own house... I dun really know how to explain this... but i feel really peaceful lor... But as usual, Gaby is still sticky towards me... with or without the gong gong or ah mah... but I do sensed that he is much 'sensible' these days and easier to managed... I guess he knows that I am trying to cope with him and Alex. Only on some rare occasions that he'll get cranky. And if this happens, I will hear "mummy" every 10 seconds. But I am used to it.

No comments: