Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Mother

I really have to watch my tone when i speak to mr lee these days... why? cos it affects gaby lor...

this evening i was feeling really tired from 'entertaining' gaby after kindermusik with alex. gaby came home from his rehersal and wasn't feeling tired at all! so he skipped snooze time in the afternoon.

when mr lee came home from work, i was feeling a little short tempered so my tone was a little hostile and i think i raised my voice a little... i guess i was a little black face too... anyway, gaby sensed it and he asked me when i was brushing his teeth if i am not happy. so i replied him that i'm not unhappy. but he said i don't sound happy cos i looked angry and also i scolded dad dad.

then again when i was putting on his pj, he just told me straight in my face... 'mummy, i want you to be a happy mother'. i felt so touched when he said that. but silly me, i replied that i am a happy mother. do i look angry? and he asked me how do i look when i m angry. so i told him that i will use a cane lor. then he made a few angry faces and asked me if i will look like any of them. and according to him, these are the angry faces of thomas the tank engine.

so by writing this down, i have to remind myself to be mindful of what i say in front of the kids in future. mrs lee, please remember hor... control your emotions in front of the kids ok!

No comments: