Sunday, October 26, 2008

Gaby's first stage performance



It was Gaby's 1st stage performance on Friday. It was the school's concert cum graduation ceremony. Since the concert is in the evening, there wasn't any lesson on that day. We have to be at Fort Canning Lodge by 6pm. I was a little worried that Gaby may be too hungry if he goes there without dinner. Therefore, we had early dinner on Friday at 5pm. Surprisingly, Gaby finished his dinner! Then we set out from home at 5.45pm since Fort Canning is quite near our place. Boon reckoned that it'll take us around 10 minutes to reached there. But we didn't arrive by 6pm... we lost our way... it's a long story and I think I wouldn't want to go into detail about it as it was a bit upsetting. But luckily the rest of the evening was wonderful!

Gaby's item was a 3-in-1 dance item, dong-dong-chiang, give me oil in my lamp and chicken dance. Before the event started, I was just wondering if I will be like what I've seen on tv dramas, the mothers get all emotional watching their kid's first ever stage performance. And indeed, my eyes were so wet from watching him perform... not becos I was so touched. But becos it was so funny that I laughed till my eyes teared! His item drew the most laughter and applause that night!!!

No comments: