Thursday, May 15, 2008

Breast milk doesn't come cheap these days!

I read on some internet forum that someone actually asked the hospital's baby nursery ward for empty glass milk bottles. So I called up Mt E and spoke to the maternity ward nurse. Informed her that I gave birth to my baby 4 months ago there and now I would like to ask if it's possible that I request for glass bottles from the nursery ward. She said yes, they have given glass bottles before and so she forwarded the call to the nurse at nursery ward. I was so full of hope! Haizzz... but when i made my request to the nusery ward, she told me that they have so much requests from existing patients and ex-patients that they don't have enough to give away. Guess now I really have to buy few more bottles :(

It is really expensive to store the milk in plastic milk storage bags. One piece of plastic bag costs $1.23! I need to use about 5 every day... at least 2 when I'm in the office and a couple more if i dun have enough milk bottles. If only Alexius wants to latch on then I'll save a lot of $$$.

2 comments:

Boringtazz said...

My sis-in-law actually pass me quite a lot of the empty glass bottles. I didn't use it as Baby FAN don't like to drink from bottles. Can pass to you if you need it.

Rise and Shine said...

oh! that will be great! thank you so much! maybe i can swing by to collect from you in a day or two when we go back to my in-laws'.