Saturday, June 20, 2009

Should I buy a new one?

Since yesterday, I have been experiencing problems with my brestmilk pump. Sometimes it will be ok, and sometimes it'll be very slow... so slow that it seems like its going to break down. But after like 5 seconds it'll be back to normal. I really hope that it's the problem with the power cord and not the pump itself.

Alexius will be 18 months in a week's time. I really don't know how long I will go on giving him breastmilk. So I am keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that my dear pump will not break down cos if it does, i may not have the determination to go on expressing my milk...

Eversince that tummy flu that I had a few months back, my milk supply has dropped a great deal. I tried all ways to bring it up again but it isn't as easy as last time. A lot of people has been telling me to stop giving Alexius breastmilk since he is already 'so old'. But... isn't mum's milk the best? These days I am only able to produce about 600+ to 700ml of milk per day. And Alexius seems to prefer my milk to formula milk these days. The only formula milk I give him is the morning feed one and then the rest of the day are all my milk in the bottle. It's easier to give him my milk. He takes a shorter time to finish the whole bottle of milk compared to the formula milk.

So how? If I stop BM, will he want formula totally? And will he make feeding time easier?

No comments: