Thursday, June 04, 2009

The cane rules...

Gaby has been quite difficult since the start of school holidays... last friday afternoon. The was rude to me, try to start a fight with Alexius, difficult at meal times, Sentosa episode....

And today, he has just driven me past my mark. I tried to threaten him with the cane but it has lost its power liao. Yes, I have told myself before that I will not use the cane on my kids. But I have exhausted all means... talking sense into him and threatening him with the cane doesn't work anymore. So I gave him 3 strokes on his palm. I have tried not to let my anger "over powered" me and tried to control the strength of the 3 strokes. I dun think the canning is that painful, more like he really gotten frightened. so he broke into loud cries and he kept repeating this "Mummy don't love me anymore!" Wow piang! I was super guilty when i heard this! But i have to be really firm, gave him a straight face and waited for him to cool down then I explained to him again why I was so mad and caned him. And I also think the the "power" of my cane is back!

After this "episode" I thought Gaby will reject me but instead, he was more clingy then usual.

My after thought of canning him is that I realised that Gaby really know how to manipulate the adults' feeling. He really know how to make me feel guilty man! Haizzz....

No comments: