Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Who wants milk??

Was reading a friend's blog about her views on breast feeding. And this statement that she got from an article really affects me a lot...

“When you are fully weaned from the pump and finish pumping for good, give yourself a big pat on the back. Always remember how lucky your baby is that you were willing to work so hard to give him the best!”

I really can't imagine what will become of me when I am weaned from my pump. Already I was so upset when Alexius rejected my breast when I started going back to work. I tried all kinds of ways to make him latch on... bought all kinds of nipple shields. All failed to work. So no choice, give him my milk from the bottle. And to make sure that I have enough milk flow, I tried to pump like every 2hourly in the begining and drink almost 8 cups of milo in a day! And on top of this, I popped lots of supplements and 2 bowls of soup during dinner daily. Done all this just to keep up with the milk flow.

So you see, I did so much to continue giving my milk to my boy... I mean boys cos there are so much frozen milk in my freezer that I give Gaby, Junior and Poofie my milk too... until I realised that Junior and Poofie may be allergic to them cos I have chicken and fish in my diet. Anyway, so much effort has been put in the have a continuous milk flow that the thought of not able to pump out a drop of milk freak me out! I don't really know when I will stop... at least not for the next 3, 4, 5, 6 months!

Oh, forgot to mention that when my first Pigeon pump RIP, I was so panicky, thinking that was it a sign that I have to stop? Thank goodness Mr Lee bought a new one back within the same day and saved me!

No comments: