Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Alamak! Sick again ar?

Is it the weather or what har? Haiz... Junior was having slight fever on Saturday... a day before competition and seems ok by Sunday... so i thought the ordeal is over. Sunday was so tiring when I reached home around 9pm. Big toe on my left foot hurts like nobody business but only get to bed around midnite.

Yesterday was very sleepy at work. But tried to stay awake till lunch cos meeting Fong at Bugis for lunch. Haven't seen her for months so lots to catch up with each other. Envy her life now cos she's a stay-home-mum.

Alexius was a little grouchy when he woke up from nap. And he doesn't seem keen on his porridge at all. So I thought that it could be due to his coughing and running nose. Yes, cough and running nose again. Mr Lee blames it on the weather. Luckily we still have some medicine on stand-by from the previous visit to Dr P.

I was super duper tired yesterday. Couldn't wait for bedtime so set my alarm to go off at 11pm for me to wake up to pump milk and feed Alexius. But just half hour into my sleep, Alexius woke up crying. Managed to pacify him and gave him some milk. But he also vomitted a little when he coughed halfway during his milk. Haizz... managed to put him back to sleep so that i could do my last pump of the day and hit dreamland again. BUT... after I put the expressed milk into the fridge, Alexius woke up crying again! headache man! switched on the music cd for him and calmed him down finally around 12.30am. From 12.30 to 3+am - he was asleep at first (I too fell asleep when he was quiet)... then don't know from what time onwards, he woke up and was chatting away in his cot. Since he wasn't crying, I just left him there to entertain himself hoping that he'll fall back into sleep soon. At about 3.30am, he suddenly started crying very hard. So I picked him up and could feel that his body was very HOT! Alamak! the thing I fear most. Fever at 40 degrees! Woke Mr Lee up to get the medicine for high fever. While Mr Lee was getting the medicine, I smell poo poo. Oh gosh! 1 big shit load of poo poo! I guessed that was why he was so cranky the whole nite. Tummy ache la!

I don't really know how many hours I slept last nite. But this is not important. All I wish for is for Alexius to get well soon and not to affect Gaby.

No comments: