Friday, February 20, 2009

Special place

Went to Central Fire Station with Gaby again yesterday afternoon. It was quite a last minute thingy. I took another day's off from work yesterday becos I was still feeling rather tired from taking care of Alexius and Gaby and having fever myself. Boon was tied up in office meeting so I went to pick Gaby from school. He was so delighted to see me! When he was having lunch, I told him to quickly finish eating and nap so that when he wakes up, we can do something together. Initially I wanted to bring him to the barber but he doesn't want to go to any one except Aunty Florence's. But I really want to get out of the house so I thought perhaps we could just visit the museum at Central Fire Station for an hour and then back home. Gaby was quite excited at the suggestion so he quickly finished his lunch and then nap after a bottle of milk. We reached the Station at around 4pm. Spent about 45 minutes there. I think he still finds the place very interesting... pretending to be a fireman himself, going up that old fire engine on display many times. On our way home, we met Cons at the MRT station. She was on her way home with Isaac. It was a lovely suprise to meet her n bb Isaac. Isaac was soooooo cute. Makes me miss my kids when they were at that age. Anyway, I was just thinking about it on my way home with Gaby that perhaps, I should really arrange a day in a week to spend time with him. Told a friend about my outing yesterday and she commented that it's quite romantic, spending time with my son at our special hunt. I didn't think about it as romantic initially... but after she mentioned it, i do feel that indeed, it seems like a special place for us to visit together. The last time round when we were there with Mr Lee, he was so bored. Wasn't keen on taking pictures and was busy on his phone. Last night during bedtime, Gaby told me that he had lots of fun! Gaby, mummy had fun going out with you too!

No comments: