Thursday, August 28, 2008

Some new improvements

I was a little frustrated with trying to get Alex to start eating solids the last few weeks. Was actually a little lost as to what I should have done... I done remember having so much problem during Gaby's time. So last weekend, after coming home from trial, and not winning anything, I thought over it and decided to start the process of getting Alex on solids all over again. Ya, all over again....

So yesterday I got Reda to prepare a little plain rice porridge... about the amount of a table spoon... I got this little pot from Pigeon that is for cooking small amount of porridge in the rice cooker. So Reda did what I told her to do. I came home around 3pm... almost forgotten that I wanted to feed Alex! Anyway, I also instruicted Reda not to give Alex any milk after his 10am feed. Alex was quite ok with the porridge. He didn't resist it at all. And after finishing the porridge, I made a smaller bottle of milk for him to fill up the rest of his tummy. Was quite pleased with the progress!

Today, we increased the amount of porridge to slightly more then a tablespoon quantity of porridge. Actually, Alex was a little cranky when I arrived home from work. I was told that he didn't have much milk during the 10am feed. So I guess he must be hungry when I reached home. Also, he seems to be used to having me give him the bottle. Anyway, I gotten the porridge ready and get him to sit on my lap to feed him. At first he was quite cranky, can't seem to sit still. So I let him stand on my lap and to my surprise! He was opening his mouth to get more spoonfuls! I think he was really hungry cos the amount of porridge that I've given him doesn't seem enough! I am more pleased with today's progress!

So tomorrow we'll increase the porridge amount and also add a slice of carrot. Fingers crossed!

No comments: