Monday, August 18, 2008

Night Safari


Night Safari tickets

We has been talking about going to the night safari with Gaby for a long time since we've gotten the free entrance tickets from buying the TV.

Everytime when we wanted to go, something will happen and prevent us from going ie Gaby falling sick, the lifts broke down, family dinners, bad weather... So on Friday, I told Mr Lee that we have to bring Gaby to the zoo before the tickets expire by end of this month.

I was feeling feverish on Friday afternoon. And I was really worried that if I become too sick, the trip to the zoo has to be postponed again!

On Saturday morning, I woke up feeling really unwell. But I told Mr Lee that perhaps if I have enough rest during the day, I will feel ok for the zoo trip at night. I rested almost the whole day on Saturday. By about 5pm, me and Gaby were out at Great World City to give Mr Lee a lift home. But Mr Lee received a call from a client and has to make a trip to the showroom because the client wanted to do a test drive. So I brought Gaby to the showroom to kill time and also to wait for Mr Lee. While at the showroom, I was feeling really unwell. I think I was really having a fever by then. When we were about to go home, someone asked Gaby where is he going later after the showroom. And Gaby replied that he is going to the zoo. Upon hearing this, I told Mr Lee that no matter how I feel, even feeling sick, we have to bring Gaby to the zoo cos he is really looking forward to it and that we have already promise him that we'll go on Sat nite.

Gaby was really a good boy on Saturday. He finished a big bowl of rice during dinner time and gotten ready to go out by 7pm. I popped 2 panadols and drank plenty of water before going off to the zoo.

Upon reaching the entrance of the zoo, there was a huge crowd q-ing up to buy tickets. Thankfully, we have our tickets so we just headed straight to the entry point. Gaby was supposed to pay for entry and tram ride cos he has just past his 3rd birthday. But the lady at the entry point was kind enough to waived Gaby's entrance fee! Hehehe!

The queue at the tram station was a killer! We have to queue for almost 20 minutes before out turn. As I wasn't feeling quite well, I waited at the bench near the station with Gaby until Mr Lee was near then we join him in the queue.

Gaby was so excited on the ride. He wanted to know the animals name in Mandarin and English. Phew! Luckily I was able to answer almost all his questions! He was so talkative and kept on telling me that he likes coming to the zoo and that he wants to visit it again during the day and night again. Half way thru' the ride, he suddenly tell me that he needs to pee. Luckily I told Mr Lee to get ready a little plastic bag in case Gaby needs it. Managed to get the pee pee into the bag with Mr Lee's mobile phone's backlight. Gaby finds it so funny that he kept saying that it was funny!

Anyway, we had a lovely trip to the zoo that night and it will keep Gaby talking about it for the next few days!

No comments: