Friday, August 08, 2008

Lift, lift, when will you be good again?






Lift A is still out of order. It has been a week now. The guys seem to be taking ages to getting it fixed. Somedays there seem to be no one doing the job. They just leae the stuff in the lift and the doors open. And on some days there will be a couple of them working on it. I am just wondering why does it take so long to repair it leh?? And the thing is that they will do the job on our floor. And Mr Poofie hates having strangers lurking outside our unit.

Yesterday I didn't go to work because the fridge people came to fix our 'not-cold-enough' fridge. So I was home almost the whole day except to bring Gaby from school around 11.30am. We were in the lift with a renovation worker from 27th floor. When the lift is about to arrive on the 27th floor, the wheel of the cart suddenly burst! Gaby was standing in front of me... initially, i didn't know that it was the wheel cos loud sound sounded like a gun shot. So loud that it sent Gaby screaming. I think he was scared shitless! I picked him up quickly and comfort him, reassuring him that it's ok. But it wasn't quite ok as I felt some sand brushed against my legs. Thankfully they weren't glass or sharper particles.

It was when the worker pushed the cart out that we realised that the wheel has punctured. Must be the weight on the cart. The worker apologised to us but I guess it wasn't his fault and no one was hurt so I smiled at him and told him that it was ok.

When we reached our floor, I was still carrying Gaby. He didn't cry but I could feel him trembling a little. So I kept telling him that all's ok cos I am here. Also praised him for being so brave and not crying.

The rest of the day, he was still talking about the incident in the lift. And when he asked me why did the wheel burst? I told him that that's becos the load was too heavy.

In the afternoon, Gaby decided to go downstairs for a walk. Once again, we met the same worker in the lift when we were going downstairs. At first Gaby didn't want to enter the lift cos he saw the uncle with a loadful of stuff on the cart. I guess he is still very much affected by the earlier incident. But I just scooped him up and went into the lift. Told him that the punctured cart has been throwed away by the uncle and that this one will not burst (with my fingers crossed when I said this). At this point, he turned to the worker and said "Uncle, next time please don't put so much sand on the cart ok?"

I am really keeping my fingers crossed that Lift A will soon be ok. I am really worried that Lift B is working too hard. I can't imagine taking the stairs home in my heels if Lift B decided to go on a riot!

No comments: