Monday, September 14, 2009

Lion Roars

2 days ago, Alexius was being difficult. I want to make him sleep but he kept wanting to go into the room to play with Gaby. So I told Gaby to put the toy down and leave the room since it was oso time for him to shower and get ready for lunch. So here I was struggling with Alexius to leave the room and there I was repeating to Gaby "put down your toys and come out with me". I must have repeated the same words for 4 or 5 times that after that I raised my voice... repeating over and over again until I lost my cool and was screaming at the top of my voice! I was already fuming by now! But I managed to get both boys out of the room and Alexius into his swing swing. But Gaby was frightened by my screaming that he started to cry.

Dad helped me to swing Alexius while I tried to calm and talk sense into Gaby. Told him that when I give him an instruction in a nice friendly tone, please do not ignore it. I hate to raise my voice and end up scolding him. And he replied "mummy, I also don't like you to scream cos you sound like a lion"

No comments: