Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Itchy ear no more


I have noticed that there were some ear wax inside Alexius ears sometime ago. But it was impossible to get them out then cos he was very fidgety whenever I tried to take a closer look at his ears or when i touched them. So I thought perhaps just leave them alone and probably the wax will fall out sometime later on its own.

But it has been really annoying to see him trying to dig it all time. And in the process of it, bruised himself. So on Saturday, I just picked him up and lay him down on my lap with his right ear facing me and as I did this, I told him that mummy wants to take a look at your ears. To my surprise, he was laid very still and let me touched and looked into his ears. I cold see the wax near to the 'entrance' of is ear. Boon has suggested using a cotton bud the night before but i told him that if I use a cotton bud, it'll push the wax further into the ear. So i took out this little plastic tweezer with a rounded tip and try to 'kiap' it out. It wasn't that difficult to 'kiap'... but to my horror! the wax was almost the size of a raisin! Then I did the same with his left ear and the wa from this ear is as big as the one from the right!

I guess it was really very irritating when such a big sized wax is stuck in the ears... both EARS! Now Alexius, CAN YOU HEAR MUMMY LOUD AND CLEAR???

No comments: