Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Gaby Kana Bullied


The bruise is near the side of Gaby's left eye. This morning I notice a bit of puffyness on his left eyelid... Ouch!

Yesterday afternoon Gaby was downstairs playing with Jonathan at the playground and kana bullied. Jon had a watch in his hand and he used this hand to punch Gaby. I think the watch must have rubbed Gaby's face cos there was a bruise after the incident. I was in the kitchen preparing the breastmilk pump when I heard a loud cry from the playground. The cry sounded like Gaby's. So I tried to look down at the playground but couldn't see anything.

When they came home, Gaby was still crying. I think the punch was quite hard and must be quite painful. Mum told me that when Gaby cry, Alex also started to cry. Maybe it's really 兄弟情深,血脉相连.

At bedtime, Gaby said that next time he'll punch Jon in return. So I tried explaining to him that he shouldn't return a punch cos this will start a fight and fighting is not good. I told him that he did the right thing by going to inform gong gong about the fight instead of fighting with Jon. Good boys don't fight. But when I was lying down on my bed last nite and thinking about this conversation, I kept wondering if I should also teach Gaby to defend himself in situation like this? But will it backfire and instead of teaching the kid to defend, I will end up teaching him to fight... headache...

No comments: