Sunday, October 18, 2009

Water boys

We went to the pool today. It's Alexius' 1st trip to the swimming pool and Gaby's 1st trip after the drowning incident 2.5 years ago.

Gaby used to love going to the pool when he was younger. But after that incident, he was so scared that he didnt dare wash his head standing up. I had to do it the "baby style". It took almost 2 years for him to overcome the fear of water touching his face and shampoo his hair standing. I have been telling him that it wouldnt be scary the next time we visit the pool becos mummy will be there to hold him.

This morning when we decided to bring the boys to the pool, i could see that Gaby seemed a little hesitant about the trip. But I assured him that it wouldn't be that scary now becos he is a bigger and stronger boy so he wouldnt trip in the waters easily. And I will be holding on to him till he is confident.

When we were at the swimming pool, all Gaby wanted to do is to stand at the stairs leading into the pool. He was just comfortable with the water up to his knees. It took him a little while to "warm-up"... Alexius was quite ok. He didn't seem to be scared of the water. Mr Lee carried him into the waters and showed him about blowing bubbles with the water... We brought 2 toys into the pool to make it more fun for them. The toys helped cos they can squirt water at dad dad and mummy.

We spent about 45 minutes at the swimming pool and I am already super tired. Gaby enjoyed the outing so much that he asked if we could go "swimming" again soon. I kept praising him of not fearing the waters now. He told me that he dreamt about swimming when he nap just now! Too bad I had my bag locked in the lockers. Didn't take any photos. Oh, and I nearly forget to collect my bag from the locker when we left!

We have to remember to bring the swimming floats during the next trip so that we don't have to hold on to them the whole time!

No comments: