Sunday, December 19, 2010

Too many good byes for Gaby

Another sad day on Tuesday... More goodbyes for us.

Gaby had to say goodbye to his fav piano teacher cos she is going back to China for good.

On the way to lesson, I asked Gaby...

Me: Today will be your last lesson with Ms Lee... are you sad.
Gaby: Yes, mummy... I am very sad. I like Ms Lee a lot.
Me: Well, I think its ok to give her a hug later after lesson when you say good bye to her (Gaby likes to hug those pple that he likes... but he draws a line between pple like his teachers unless i "ok" it)

And since we are talking about good byes, i thought i can ask him about the reason why he cried last night...

Me: Gaby, do you like ang mo kio?
Gaby : yes... but i also like boon tiong road.
Me: I am already missing our old bedroom... what about you?
Gaby: Me too. I missed our old bedroom and also the bathroom.
Me: why did you cry last nite?
Gaby: I missed Boon Tiong Road
Me: Why didnt you tell me last nite?
Gaby: Becos I didnt know how to tell you.
Me: Was it a new kind of feeling for you?
Gaby: yes...

So I think he didnt know how to talk about this "new" feeling that he was feeling on Monday nite. Plus he knew that he had to say another good bye to Ms Lee the next day... too many goodbyes to handle for a 5 yo boy.

Today, I saw comment that Ms Lee left on my facebook. She commented that she is already missing Gaby. So I told him about it and he said he missed Ms Lee too and everytime when he plays on the piano, he'll remember her. He is such a sweet boy... he said that he wishes Ms Lee to be happy when she is away. Cos he'll be sad when she is sad. And he doesnt wish that Ms Lee be sad cos he'll cry if he knows it.

Actually, I like Ms Lee a lot too and really hope that I wish her happiness wherever she is.

No comments: