Wednesday, May 06, 2009

It runs in the Lee family... bus... bus... bus...

Last few weeks I have to struggle with Alexius so much with feeding him milk that i think i hurt my wrist... my left wrist... that's the arm that supports him when i feed him milk. I should have started training him to drink his milk lying down on the bed like what I did with Gaby last time... see la, now Alexius can only drink his milk this way... But actually, i think i have myself to be blamed. I love the closeness of him lying in my arms during milk feeding time. Now that he doesn't latch on, this is the least consolation i guesss.

Now the feeding is slightly better... only slightly. Found a way to 'distract' him, that is to let him watch the tele during milk feeds. At first it was Barney. There are 2 Barney vcds that he likes. Campfire Barney and Pajama Party... He doesn't like the talking bits, only the singing parts interest him. Then now he has lost interest in dear Barney. All he likes is the "Wheel on the bus" DVDs. And not only during milk feeding time, even during his porridge time, it's "Wheel on the bus" dvd. If other prog is on the tv, he'll say "bus! bus! bus!"

Oh, and he only likes those parts when they are sing "The Wheels on The Bus" tunes. He knows the sequence of the songs... knows when the wheels go round and round, fingers go snap snap snap, hands go clap clap clap, lights go flash flash flash, wipers go swip swip swip, and daddy goes shh shh shh...







These dvds used to be for Gaby during his meal times. They are Gaby's side dishes during meal times until Fireman Sam came into picture... and now Alexius... guess it runs in the Lee family.

2 comments:

Boringtazz said...

Was reading your blog with Baby FAN sitting on my lap when I decided to show her the Wheel on the Bus vids. And guess what, when I write this post, it was her 3rd time watching all the 3 vids. Guess, it's not just the Lee Family kids got addicted to the BUS!

Rise and Shine said...

hahaha!