Monday, January 11, 2010

Memory... Video in the head

Last Monday I brought Gaby to the Hollywood Dinos Park at Jurong Bird Park. He enjoyed himself so much that he kept asking me to go bring him there again. Will see how la. If he behaves himself well then perhaps I will bring him there again before they are gone in Feb.

Anyway, there is this dinosaur that he likes a lot. But too bad, I didnt take any short video of it, only photos. So he has been asking me why I didnt do it. And now that he wants to look at it to remind him of how the dinosaur is, there isnt any. So I told him that there is a little camera in his mind that has already captured it. All he has to do is to close his eyes and think about it and he could see the dinosaur again. So he did it and he was very surprised and happy that he can see it! Then he started to ask me questions about this "camera"... how come it can be in his head?? So I told him that this is "memory". Whatever things that he saw or did, it'll be stored in his memory. And when he wants to see them again, he could just closed his eyes and think about them and he'll be able to see them.

So yesterday while we were on our way home from the carpark, Gaby suddenly told me that he could see Xiao Ah Yi (my younger sister). He had his eyes closed. He said that he misses her and so he closed his eyes and he saw her. I hope he put this to good use ie, for learning purpose.

1 comment:

Boringtazz said...

Wow...I'm so impress with your Gaby. I wonder when I can tell my SMALL FAN about memory...sigh...wonder if he understand?