Monday, March 24, 2008

Going back to work...

Have been practicing with Gaby on the routine of me going back to work...

Every morning, I will pretend that I'm going to office. So will leave the house with him. Will tell him that I'll be going to the office after sending him to school. Then in the afternoon when he's back home, I'll go into hiding and only appear after he has taken his shower.

But today, we 'promoted' the procedure to me only appearing after he has had his lunch. So this morning I kept telling him that when he's back from school, kar kar will shower for him and then feed him lunch and then dad dad will call mummy and then mummy will be home.

So far so good. I was hiding at the staircase at the lift lobby and I could hear him say 'HELLO' when he was at the door. Can also hear him say "Gong Gong eat, Dad Dad eat, Ah Mah eat, Kar Kar eat, Di Di eat, Poofie eat, Junior eat". And when I come into the house, he has finished lunch. According to Mr Lee, Gaby has had extra serving of fried rice today.

So I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it'll be this smooth sailing next week when I start work.

3 comments:

Boringtazz said...

Wow, what an elaborate routine, so when are you going back to work? So fast.

Rise and Shine said...

Am starting work on 1st Apr... next Tues.

One thing about Gaby is that it is easier to handle him once he gets into the routine...

Boringtazz said...

Ya, realised this is true for SMALL FAN as well. He is very use to routine, like after milk means must sleep...hi hi...so he always say "Nan Nan Or Or".